How to best visualize software systems
- Use C4 Diagrams
- C4 Model
- Used at Spotify - per Spotify engineering blog
- Used at Atlassian - at least by one of their Principal Engineers
- Diagramming shouldn't be done using drag and drop tools
- Ilograph blog
- Death by PowerPoint - enterprise architecture edition. If you feel your system architecture went completely off the rails, the direct cause might lie in a slide size limitation (of course skipping the organizational and cultural context that allowed this to happen).
- Don't get me started on Enterprise Architect
- mermaid.js is absolutely amazing and I use it extensively, even in personal life to aid thinking and planning
- mermaid live editor
- Works in Azure DevOps
- Works only for conceptual diagrams - due to engine limitations, (at least afaik) doesn't really work for software architecture visualizations on the level that requires icons
- It has some learning curve, and non-technical people might struggle with it
No backlinks found.